At Puryear Law, we have long known that protecting the environment and helping our clients goes hand in hand. Since the founding of our firm in 2010, we have maximized the use of technology to effectively serve our clients while reducing our environmental footprint. But, we haven’t stopped there. Below is a list of some of the many ways that Puryear Law P.C. has done its part when it comes to the environment:
- Attorneys travel to court and our office using plug-in electric vehicles
- Electric vehicle charging is available at our office
- Our firm purchases carbon offsets
- We make extensive use of recycling at our office
- Employees are encouraged to commute to work by bicycle if they wish, with indoor bicycle racks, shower facilities, bicycle repair kits, and other such amenities provided
- Sustainable plates, bowls, utensils, garbage bags, and other items are used within our office
- Employees are encouraged to compost at home, and provided with composters by the firm
- A super-majority of the office’s power is provided by wind
- Florescent lighting has been replaced with high-efficiency LED lighting that both improves the office environment and reduces energy usage.
- Employees are offered the ability to work from home on occasion, reducing the environmental impact of commuting to the office
- Our advanced digital workflows minimize paper usage while providing better service to our clients
- Efficient computers and appliances are used throughout our office
- Smart thermostats avoid unnecessarily heating and cooling our office outside of business hours
For more information, please click here to view all entries in the Environment category.